"For three days we will bring together the key players in the restaurant, foodservice and retail establishments and provide them access to the hottest menu trends, state of the art design and decor, a renowned education program, special events, and hundreds of leading vendors and purveyors dedicated to serving the restaurant & foodservice community," said Tom Loughran, Vice President for the Clarion Events Food & Beverage Portfolio. "There is still time to register to attend the exhibit hall and take advantage of 550+ exhibiting companies, participate in 12 exciting events including the new Gelato and Cake Decorating Competition and learn from subject matter experts in 170+ education sessions, most of which are complimentary." For all of the latest information, visit www.internationalrestaurantny.com
The exhibit hall
will feature 550+ exhibiting companies over three show floors with six specialty pavilions including Gourmet Way, Taste of NY & Craft Beverage Showcase, Food Trends Experience, Bar Innovation Pavilion, International Showcase and New Exhibitors. For all of the information on each pavilion, click here
There will be several exciting special events, and new this year finalists will compete for the titles of 2020 Cake Designer of the Year and 2020 Gelato Maker of the Year, hosted by David Rosen Bakery Supply and MEC3. The 2020 Cake Designer of the Year competition will take place on Sunday, March 8th. Six participants will showcase their cake decorations, inspired by the theme CHALKBOARD. The 2020 Gelato Maker of the Year will be a two-day competition with 12 participants selected to create their signature flavor gelato in three rounds. At the end of each round the judges will evaluate flavors and the top 6 finalists will participate in the final phase of the competition on Tuesday, March 10th with the winner announced at 2:30 pm.
There will be over 170+ education sessions
offered in conjunction with the three events. Industry thought leaders will deliver timely and informative sessions offering restaurant and foodservice professionals' insight on everything from corporate social responsibility, delivery systems, CBD in drinks and food, negotiating leases, and much more. The Education Program will include six tracks focused on Bar & Beverage, Employees & Staffing, Health & Diet, Hot Topics, Marketing & Social Media, and Operational Excellence. For access to the complete education program, click here
In addition there will be eight workshops including the Total Team Makeover: The Must Have Strategies for Managing Labor and Staffing Issues in a Changing Market; Profitable Menu Design; Catering Current Cool: Non-Negotiable Tips, Tricks, Secrets, and Systems for Profitable Drop-Off Catering; AllerTrain: Manager-Level Food Allergy and Gluten-Free Training; Take Back Your Budget: The Key to Controlling Food, Beverage & Labor Costs; Why Whiskey: Tasting & Education; The Identity of New York Wine in Six Glasses; and Forgotten Farms: A Special Screening of the Award-Winning Film. For details on the various workshops click here
A highlight of the event is the chef culinary demonstrations and competitions, taking place on the Center Stage.
Sunday, March 8
- Chef Chris Jaeckle, Executive Chef of All'onda and President/Executive Chef of Kitchen Connect Consulting.
- Presentation of the Torch Award to Jeffrey LaPadula, Co-General Manager; April Tam Smith, Co-Founder; and Timothy Carberry, Co-General Manager of P.S. Kitchen.
- Chef Alex Guarnaschelli, recognized as one of America's most accomplished top chefs, acclaimed for her work in the kitchen, as an author, and as a popular television personality.
- Raise the Bar Through Training & Elevating the Cocktail Experience featuring Art Sutley of Bar Business Magazine and Mia Mastroiani, Celebrity Mixologist as seen on Bar Rescue.
- Hip Sip: Battle of the Modern Bartender Competition - Cocktails & Coffee, sponsored byProfessional Bartenders Association and Bar Business Magazinewill feature eight bartenders who will compete to win $1,000 for the most creative and inventive mix of cocktail and coffee.
Monday, March 9
- Chef Mareya Ibrahim, award-winning entrepreneur, chef, and author of the new book, "Eat Like You Give a Fork: The Real Dish on Eating to Thrive" and host of the "Recipes for Your Best Life" Podcast.
- Chef Max Cavaleri, Executive Chef, New York Times & Thomas McQuillan Vice President, Strategy, Culture and Sustainability at Baldor Specialty Foodswill present The Food Asset Potential.
- Foodservice Council for Women Panel followed by the presentation of the Beacon Award to Allison Kave, Baker, Bartender, Co-Founder and Keavy Landreth, Co-Owner, Butter & Scotch.
- Chef Marc Forgione, chef/owner of Restaurant Marc Forgione and the co-owner/partner of Khe-Yo.
- Rapid Fire Challenge: Dessert Edition sponsored and moderated by Total Foodservice and co-sponsored by Boldric will feature finalists Brian Yurko, Executive Pastry Chef, Queensyard; Richard Leonardo, Chef De Patrie, Daniel Restaurant, and Heidi Liv Tompkins, Product Development Manager, Heidi's Health Kitchen who will present their most delicious and creative desserts for a chance to win $1,000.
Tuesday, March 10
- Jackie Topol MS, RD, integrative dietitian and culinary nutritionist will discuss Plant-Based Diets For Optimal Blood Sugar Control.
- The Coaches "Hot Seat" - Join David Scott Peters, Restaurant Coach & Expert of David Scott Peters Restaurant Prosperity Formula and Darren Denington, Founder & President of Service with Style and learn about hidden operational flaws that are choking profits.
- Chef Jonathan Scinto offers Bold Flavors, Spiked Hair and yes, "Cheftainment"! Influenced by Emeril Lagasse, Gordon Ramsay and Julia Child, Chef Jonathan Scinto is pure Fire, that lights up the TV.
attracts café & restaurant owners, coffee roasters, and anyone interested in growing their specialty coffee & tea business or career. Coffee Fest attendees can discover product trends, network, and build on what they know through seminars and hands-on workshops. In addition, the event will host the Coffee Fest Latte Art World Championship Open
, which features head-to-head competition as "a match" between 64 competitors; and the Coffee Fest America's Best Cold Brew Competition
where attendees get to judge and determine who will be the winners and acknowledge the best tasting cold brew and nitro. For more information, visit www.coffeefest.com
Healthy Food Expo New York
will bring attendees access to the latest healthy products from organic, vegan, gluten-free and allergy-safe to hormone-free, non-GMO, plant-based, low-sodium, low-fat, and more. Attendees will be able to enjoy samples, demos, education and special events - all designed to incorporate healthy foods into a business model to drive profits. The Healthy Food Expo will offer education sessions focused on hot topics including Trending Healthy Ingredients, Plant-Based Proteins, Food Allergies, Gluten-Free Options, Sourcing Local Food, Healthy Beverage Category, and much more. Visit https://www.healthyfoodexpos.com/healthy-food-new-york
for all of the latest information.
The three trade shows are owned and managed by Clarion Events (clarionevents.com
), and the International Restaurant Show of New York is sponsored by the New York State Restaurant Association (www.nysra.org
). Clarion Events produces 37 events across 13 sectors of both trade and consumer events, and is the U.S. division of Clarion Events, UK, and backed by The Blackstone Group has become one of the fastest growing event companies in the U.S. with aggressive growth through both acquisition and launch. Clarion acquired PennWell in early 2018, bringing 4 Tradeshow 200 events into the U.S. portfolio and super-charging the already rapid growth. Clarion UX has offices in Trumbull, CT; Kennesaw, GA; Boca Raton, FL; Tacoma, WA, and Fairlawn, NJ.
Click for more eNews + Blog Archives
© All content + images copyright of news/blog providers.
- - -
NOTE: The inclusion of news or advertising in The Tea House Times publication, on our website, or in our online eNews does not constitute endorsement.
- - -
POSTS SPONSORED/PUBLISHED BY TheTeaHouseTimes.com
Weekly eNews is circulated via email. Join list at top of home page.
The Tea House Times is published 6x per year in print & digitally.
INFO - SINGLE ISSUES | SUBSCRIBE | ADVERTISE | CONTACT
SOCIAL MEDIA - Follow us @teahousetimes
TeaCourse.com | TeaEtiquetteCertified.com | TeaCourseFastTrack.com
ONLINE TRADE SHOW - TeaTradeShow.com
SHARE THIS ↓